We have exciting opportunities to join a values-driven, ambitious and dynamic social enterprise, delivering a range of services to promote access to work.
Our services include information and guidance to those excluded from work and commercial contracts which create and sustain entry-level employment opportunities, with all our profits reinvested in supporting our corporate objectives and those of our parent company, Bolton at Home.
If you would like to discuss the role please contact us at email@example.com for more information or request an application form in large print
POSITION DETAILS x2
Job Title: Caretaker
Salary: Real Living Wage
Department: Support Services
Reports To: Support Services Manager
Contract Type: Permanent (subject to probation completion)
Closing Date: Midnight Sunday 7th March 2021
Start Date: W/C 29th March 2021
Hours of Work Position 1: 20 hours per week (4 hours per day – times to be agreed)
Hours of Work Position 2: 25 hours per week (5 hours per day)
Role Responsibilities & Purpose
Provide a caretaking and cleaning service as well as carrying out minor DIY jobs for customers living on Bolton at Home’s sheltered schemes and Extra Care units. Each scheme will have an allocation of handyperson hours for the residents to use as they choose on minor repairs and improvements. Priority is given to the cleaning and caretaking duties. To ensure that all sheltered schemes are cleaned and maintained to an exceptional standard when covering sickness.
This post is transferable to work across all Bolton at Home properties.
Key Duties & Tasks
• Daily, weekly, and monthly clearing and cleaning of communal areas incl. kitchens, toilets, gardens
• Putting out communal bins / keep bin area clean
• Maintaining flower beds/shrubbery or pathways low-level gardening
• Litter picking on scheme/report fly-tipping
• Report any concerns regarding residents’ health or wellbeing / advise customers of how to access Bolton at Home services
• Liaising with residents to agree how their allocated hours per week will be spent
• Support Bolton at Home activities on-site e.g., setting rooms up
• ‘Very’ minor repairs to communal areas e.g., changing light bulbs
• Personal minor DIY/repairs for residents e.g., building flat-pack furniture, putting up shelves, unblocking sinks, removing carpets, tightening screws, minor plastering etc.
• Recording completion of tasks on the relevant paperwork
• Adherence to company and statutory health and safety procedures and policies
• Maintain safe conditions and safe working practices on site
• Support and conduct weekly fire alarm testing
Additional Role Information
Any job offer will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check and references.
• Full clean driving licence and use of a vehicle
• Understanding of the needs of older people
• Experience in a similar role
• Desirable Computer literacy / able to use Word and Excel
• Able to work alone using own initiative
In order to be shortlisted, you must demonstrate that you meet all the essential criteria and as many of the desirable criteria as possible. Where we have a large number of applications that meet all of the essential criteria, we will then use the desirable criteria to produce the shortlist.
All disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria will be included on the shortlist.
Identification Method Rank
Skills & Abilities A/I E
• Good communication skills
• Empathy with residents
• Physically fit
• Able to work alone using own initiative
General & Specialist Knowledge A/I E
• Some DIY ability
• Ability to prioritise tasks
• Awareness of Health and Safety issues
Education & Training A/I E
• Good standard of numeracy and literacy
Relevant Experience A/I D
• Experience of working in a practical environment
• Customer service experience
Special Requirements A/I E
• Understanding needs of older people
• DBS check
• Use of car/clean driving licence
Key – Identification Method:
A: Application Form
C: Copy of Certificates
G: Group Assessment
Rank: E: Essential D: Desirable
Company Values: Our values are important to us. They guide the way we treat each other, our staff, customers and partners to be certain that we provide excellent services.
One Team: Colleagues are able to be their best, feel valued and contribute to our success
Ambition: We will work hard to learn, grow, and achieve the best for ourselves, our company and those we work with
Integrity: you can rely on us. We are open, honest, and transparent in our dealings with everyone and deliver on our promises.
Passionate: We love what we do, focus on the positives, and create time and space to have fun in the workplace
Empowering People: We treat each other with respect and celebrate our diversity
To apply, please complete the application form below: