This is an exciting opportunity to join a values-driven, ambitious and dynamic social enterprise, delivering a range of services to promote access to work.
Our services include information and guidance to those excluded from work and commercial contracts which create and sustain entry-level employment opportunities, with all our profits reinvested in supporting our corporate objectives and those of our parent company, Bolton at Home.
If you would like to discuss the role please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or an application form.
We have two positions available:
Title: Keyworker – Motiv8
Hours of work: Fixed term, 35 hours (Mon-Fri)
Start date: as soon as possible
Closing Date: 9 am, 30th May 2022
Role Contract End Date: 31st March 2023
We are looking to recruit one key worker with the skills and experience of working with complex individuals to support the delivery of the programme across Greater Manchester.
You will need to be passionate about helping others, be able to work in an innovative and creative style and want to improve the lives and opportunities of the people we are supporting. This will also include managing a caseload and working from locations throughout Greater Manchester. Issues that people experience will range from debt and financial hardship, homelessness, domestic abuse, physical health, mental well being and alcohol and drug dependency – and many more besides
You will be employed to work solely on the Motiv8 programme. Your position is funded by the European Union, through the European Social Fund (2014-2020) and the National Lottery Community Fund through the Building Better Opportunities Programme.
Reporting to: Team Manager
Key Work Objectives:
- To carry out your role and live the Starts with you values in a way that leads to increasing levels of internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Manage and monitor a caseload of participants mobilising action plans and agreed outcomes to meet deadlines and targets in line with the programme and ESF guidance.
- To provide a flexible and holistic support service to participants and maintain regular contact with them to continually assess their support needs ensuring positive engagement with statutory and non-statutory services.
- To develop relationships with key partners and stakeholders to secure successful outcomes.
- To develop and deliver one to one and group interventions across the Motiv8 project to maximise opportunities to participants.
- Ensure accurate case files are maintained for the participant journey and auditing purposes in a timely manner in accordance with ESF regulations.
- To be a pro-active member of the team; continually seeking to improve and develop your own skills and the performance of the team. Seek to improve processes, keeping value for money as a focus. Operate within and comply with our policies, procedures and values at all times.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work with internal and external colleagues to achieve common objectives
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Willingness to undertake job-related training
- A flexible approach to work
- Preserves confidentiality and Human Rights
- Effective communications skills
- Excellent Organisational skills
- Excellent Time Management skills
- IT Skills
Education & Training
- GCSE Grades A-C in Mathematics and English
- On-going commitment to self-development
- Experience in similar roles supporting vulnerable people
- DBS check
- Full clean driving licence and use of a vehicle is essential
Work in line with our SWY Values
- One Team – Working together as a unit regardless of job role
- Ambitious – Being the best you can be
- Integrity – Upholding honesty. We do not compromise the truth
- Passionate – Focus on positives and have fun in the workplace
- Empowering people – Support and encourage
About Starts with you
Starts with you (SWY) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bolton at Home, a large charitable housing association with around 18,000 properties, based in Bolton. Operating as an independent Limited Co. we provide a range of Community Support and Environment services in and around Greater Manchester, with a focus on supporting local people to develop and to access work. As a social enterprise, we operate commercially, reinvesting profits in our social purpose or gift aid to our charitable parent company.
This is a perfect time to join SWY following a period of significant growth and as we move to high-quality new offices and review our strategies for future growth.
SWY offer competitive and attractive benefits including:
- Above-average pension contributions
- High-quality new offices
- Free on-site parking
- Employee Support Package
- Discounted gym membership
- Flexible working
- 25 days holiday, with a holiday purchase plan
- Employee learning and development opportunities
Motiv8 supports people aged over 25 across Greater Manchester who need support to get their lives back on track – whether they are experiencing issues with health, alcohol, drugs, domestic violence, debt, homelessness or other challenges. The programme supports those who are under-represented in the labour market.
If you would like any support completing the application form, understanding the process, or getting ready for interviews, you can contact our Employability and Partnerships Officer, Andy Strutt on 07706735103 or email email@example.com for confidential advice.